Welcome and thank you so much for volunteering your time to help out your team. Team Manager is the person who will help communicate information amongst players, coaches and parents.
On behalf of the Board of Directors, your coaches and your team we thank you for helping make this season a success.
SAFESPORT REQUIRMENT FOR TEAM MANAGERS
USA Hockey SafeSport Program is the online training/education that is available to help our USA Hockey members become aware of the information necessary to help prevent abuse from occurring in our sport. All USA Hockey registered coaches, officials, employees and volunteers are required to take the training at no cost. The training is comprised of short video segments that take approximately 90 minutes to complete.
You will first need to register with USA Hockey as "Ice Managers/Volunteers" at https://www.usahockeyregistration.com/login_input.action.
Your confirmation number will also be used to register for the SafeSport training.
SafeSport link: http://www.usahockey.com/safesporttraining
SafeSport Training is valid for 2 seasons and must be completed by December 31st . Thus if you took the training for 2014-15, you will not need to take the training again until the 2016-17 season.
HOW TO NOMINATE PLAYERS FOR A USA HOCKEY AWARD
Player Achievement Awards
Zero Award - For a goalkeeper playing a complete game without allowing a goal
Hat Trick Award - For a player scoring three goals in a game
Playmaker Award - For a player registering three assists in a game
The awards are distributed under the following conditions:
1. The recipient is a registered and rostered player.
2. The game was in league competition (not scrimmage or exhibition), a sanctioned tournament or a MN Hockey playoff involving only USA Hockey registered teams.
3. The game was officiated by registered USA Hockey referees and they have signed the score sheet.
4. Eligible player categories: All players 10U Youth/10U Girls and above.
5. A readable, unaltered copy of the signed score sheet with the players listed is required with the application.
6. A copy of the official approved roster must be included with each request.
7. Limit of ONE of each award per player per season - i.e. one Hat Trick, one Playmaker and one Zero
*Please note the rule stating "any games with a goal differential of 10 or more goals are not considered in the pool of games" has been eliminated. All games regardless of final outcome that meet the criteria above are eligible.
For a link to the form and where to send the request to, click here.